Home I eSports I eSports Betting I Best eSports Odds
We have talked about Best eSports Markets and now it is time to take a look at the odds in those markets. But how do you recognize the best eSports odds? First of all, we need to distinguish the different types, understand how they work, and then pick best one for our needs.
Instead of using percentages, sportsbooks use odds. Decimal odds are most commonly used in Europe and that’s why they are also known as European odds.
The explanation is easy. You need to convert chances into decimal odds, just by taking the chance as a percentage and divide into 100.
100/Chance % = odds
So for example, if you think that the chance for Newbee to win over Vega Squadron is 20%, the decimal odds will be 5 (100/20). And of course for the Vega Squadron it will be in the other way – 100/80 or 1.25.
For winning the battle in ELEAGUE, Ladbrokes gives a 1.12 chance in favor of Virtus.Pro, while Echo Fox has a 5.50 chance.
The more traditional fractional odds are often used in the UK. To explain them easier, we will use the 20% chance again, so the fractional odds are 4/1. Fractional odds are saying that for every 4 losses, you should win once. This is the same as saying you have a 20% chance of winning and an 80% chance of losing.
If you wish to bet on US eSports then you will also need to understand American odds. American odds are also known as lines or money line odds. If US odds are indicated with a + sign (positive) then they show the amount you would win for a $100 stake. If there is a – sign (negative) then they show how much you need to stake to win $100.
So you already understand the functions of the different types of odds. But still, how do you choose the best one? The eSports market on which you want to bet is also very important for the size of the odds. For example, if you bet on a Total Odds for the amount of rounds in a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive match, the odds are usually very similar with a small margin. Another important aspect that you need to bring under your radar before you bet is the teams or players participating in the match. If you have a match between SK Gaming and Virtus.Pro, which are considered the best two teams in the world, the odds for both of them will be higher.
Picking the best eSports odds is incredibly hard. Luckily we have a special widget to help you in the comparison between offered by our eSports sportsbooks partners’ odds.
Wit a little bit of lack of action recently at the CS:GO scene, now its time for United Master League Season 2! Check our Illuminar Gaming vs HAVU betting predictions article now!
With Imba TV League already going, we have super derby in front of us! Check our detailed guide - PSG.LGD vs Vici.Gaming Betting Tips and maximize your profit from it.
Best eSports Sportsbooks
Up to £50 Free Bet
€20 Free Bet
2 x £10 Free Bets
Benefit from the best odds
50% up to £50 Bonus
3x £10 in Free Bets
100% Up to €100 Bonus
VIP-bet Tipster Competition
Submit your email and receive our daily freebet offers!
VIP-bet is a new and enthusiastic sports betting community. We provide you with an all-around service including the best sports betting deals, generous promotions, in-depth reviews, betting strategy, sports betting guides, streams and much more.
Our main goal is to equip our members with content and knowledge that allows them to become successful in sports betting. In addition, we also want to keep you entertained.
Make sure to check out our free Tipster Leaderboard and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or feedback.
© VIP-bet 2019